Posted on 2018-10-18, by nokia241186.
Jose Luis Bermudez, "The Paradox of Self-Consciousness"
English | 2000 | ISBN: 0262522772 | PDF | pages: 337 | 1.2 mb
In this book, Jose Luis Bermudez addesses two fundamental problems in the philosophy and psychology of self-consciousness: (1) Can we provide a noncircular account of fully fledged self-conscious thought and language in terms of more fundamental capacities? (2) Can we explain how fully fledged self-conscious thought and language can arise in the normal course of human development? Bermudez argues that a paradox (the paradox of self-consciousness) arises from the apparent strict interdependence between self-conscious thought and linguistic self-reference. The paradox renders circular all theories that define self-consciousness in terms of linguistic mastery of the first-person pronoun. It seems to follow from the paradox of self-consciousness that no such account or explanation can be given.
Drawing on recent work in empirical psychology and philosophy, the author argues that any explanation of fully fledged self-consciousness that answers these two questions requires attention to primitive forms of self-consciousness that are prelinguistic and preconceptual. Such primitive forms of self-consciousness are to be found in somatic proprioception, the structure of exteroceptive perception, and prelinguistic forms of social interaction. The author uses these primitive forms of self-consciousness to dissolve the paradox of self-consciousness and to show how the two questions can be given an affirmative answer.
(Buy premium account for maximum speed and resuming ability)
- Ebooks list page : 37488
- 2014-01-25The Paradox of Self-Consciousness [Repost]
- 2010-08-22The Paradox of Self-Consciousness
- 2009-01-28Jos?? Luis Berm?odez - The Paradox of Self-Consciousness
- 2007-06-13The Paradox of Self-Consciousness
- 2012-03-13Bill Underwood - Combato The Art Of Self-Defence for Soldier and Civilian (Men & Women)
- 2017-10-22[PDF] The Self in Question: Memory, The Body and Self-Consciousness
- 2014-01-07Kant and the Demands of Self-Consciousness (Repost)
- 2011-10-31Pierre Keller, "Kant and the Demands of Self-Consciousness"
- 2011-10-27Kant and the Demands of Self-Consciousness (repost)
- 2011-10-27Kant and the Demands of Self-Consciousness
- 2011-07-07Hegel's Idealism: The Satisfactions of Self-Consciousness
- 2010-09-01Robert B. Pippin - Hegel's Idealism: The Satisfactions of Self-Consciousness
- 2010-04-16Peter Suber - The Paradox of Self-Amendment: A Study of Logic, Law, Omnipotence, and Change
- 2009-03-31Kant and the Demands of Self-Consciousness
- 2019-01-31The Subject's Matter Self-Consciousness and the Body
- 2019-01-31Self-Consciousness and 'Split' Brains The Mind's I
- 2018-01-23[PDF] The New Science of Consciousness: Exploring the Complexity of Brain, Mind, and Self
- 2018-01-18[PDF] The Deep Self: Consciousness Exploration in the Isolation Tank (Consciousness Classics)
- 2018-01-15[PDF] The Role of Art in the Construction of Personal Identity: Toward a Phenomenology of Aesthetic Self-Consciousness
- Download links and password may be in the description section, read description carefully!
- Do a search to find mirrors if no download links or dead links.